Aside from learning the news that we were pregnant, seeing the baby swimming on the ultrasound, and hearing the strong heartbeat, the day before Thanksgiving was the BEST day of our pregnancy-- I started to feel our baby moving all around.
Best.feeling.EVER!
It was 7am. I had the day off, and Matt was shaving before he headed to work. Being awake this early was not on my to do list. But oh, what good timing! I was lounging on the couch, probably rubbing my stomach, wishing we could make cinnamon rolls and hang out all day, like it was the weekend.
And then I felt the little one!! It was unmistakable. The baby was moving. A LOT.
I yelled for Matt to come in the living room, but resorted to banging on the wall behind me to get his attention over the sound of his razor. I didn't want to move and loose this moment!
For being our first baby and having *maybe* felt a couple tiny questionable flutters (gas??) prior to this day, I was shocked to just have woken up this morning to full blown kicks! Kicks that I could feel inside, but that were also visible and palpable from outside!!
It makes me smile, if not giggle every single time I feel our baby now. Matt has gotten to feel/see the baby, several times too!!
I just love waking up each morning to lots of kicks & activity -- it makes my day.
So so much to be thankful for this year!
Loa! I am sitting here on my couch, catching up on your blog. I started reading this particular post to Jonathan. I made it to "It was unmistakable. The baby was moving." And just burst into tears! What an amazing time of life you and Matt are experiencing, and I feel so blessed to feel like I am somewhat sharing it with you by reading your thoughts/feelings. I wish I could be there with you, but this is the next best thing I guess. So keep posting! I love you and we are so happy for you two.
ReplyDelete