I love how it seems the baby responds to the dynamic outside world. In the mornings when I lounge in bed, during yoga, when I'm taking a bath-- really if I'm relaxed & comfortable and I think about or talk to the baby with a hand on my stomach, the baby will, almost without fail, start moving around.
A few days ago, I was reading about how the baby now responds to light by turning his/her head away, though his/her eyes are closed, and responds to familiar sounds, like my voice. So I wanted to try it out. And to all you skeptics, just wait till you have your own little baby to carry on about, I feel certain our baby heard me taking and started moving just for me. It was incredible.
I keep thinking how this baby feels like such a miracle inside me. And it's because it truly is. Something this amazing and intricate and delicate was unmistakably designed by God, and He is truly knitting this baby together, day by day, in my womb. I have the privilege of experiencing tiny moments of this miracle as it grows.
I feel SO blessed that I am healthy and able to carry this baby.
God is so generous in allowing His creation to experience such beauty of new life.
Laura,
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post! I saw your blog on Facebook, and I am so happy for you, hearing about your little one on the way! As I read some of your posts I can remember thinking and feeling the EXACT same things not too long ago. A healthy pregnancy/baby is SUCH a huge gift from the Lord, and the appreciation and wonder that you have for your little one literally makes me smile. :) I will pray that you continue to have a healthy pregnancy and can't wait to see him/her when he/she is born!
Take Care,
Brielle
..girl, you make me excited to be pregnant one day! haha :-)
ReplyDeleteLaura,
ReplyDeleteYour words are so beautiful! They made me teary eyed even! :) Thank you for sharing with us your experience. I'm so happy for you and Matt, and can't wait to meet little boy Bubalo!
Love,
Marisa