This NICU nurse, has officially carried her baby to full term! :)
As with most big "dates", Matt and I cannot wrap our minds around the fact the day we've been waiting for-- for over 9 months has finally come! Months of saying "Our baby is due April 26th" turned into "next week" and then "Thursday"... and now... it's TODAY. WOW!
I feel blessed to have given our little boy a full gestation
and I grateful for such a healthy pregnancy.
A before and after... in what was going to be the same outfit- until I couldn't even pull my white shorts over my hips. I knew I wouldn't be able to button them, but haha! So, maternity capris won. That's ok-- I am very happy that my body did it's job and created some room for this baby to be delivered through!
While I wish the 26th would have ended with a birth story, the statistics are pretty clear that fewer than 5% of babies are delivered on their date date. But the day did have some funny- if not just strange- moments. Our Jeep wouldn't start, and Matt had an early appointment. I could/would have taken him to work, but after not sleeping most of the night due to contractions, and wanting him to be able to pick me up if I actually went into labor... he won the car for the day. All of this was frustrating, because my doctor is only 1.5 miles away... if I weren't pregnant, I could have easily walked or rode my bike.. and admit that I still seriously considered doing it. So, to start the day, I hailed a Yellow Cab to pick me up for my 40 week OB check up. (& the taxi was early! I wasn't even dressed when the doorbell rang.) My sweet ARNP offered to give me a ride back home after she checked me! In baby progress news, all my B-H contractions are helping get us ready-- mostly effaced and 2.5cms.
Waiting on this baby has allowed me to get a lot done.. and to see what it's like to be at this house all day. Out of our kitchen window today, I saw some animal running from the lake toward a busy road. Turned out to be a turtle, and I scared him back toward the water. It was a turtle kind of day, because when I went to the door to pick up a package later, there was a smaller turtle that had made it across the road! Not only was there another turtle, but there was a pregnant gal picking him up to take him back to the lake! haha! We chatted and she was 20 weeks along. And I enjoyed getting to answer that "I am due today!"
Then the kicker. We had our Jeep towed since it wouldn't start. Our mechanic said it was a bad fuel pump and ordered the part to fix it for us. Turns out, when he removed the parts, he noticed all the wires that connect the fuel pump had been CHEWED up. Bizarre.
He thinks it must have been a rat or mouse. We live in a wild place. Turtles, mice. Whew. Any who, I think, it's time to start parking in the garage!
Our due date, ended with a date and some yummy Thai food from our favorite chef Ron! They've gotten to watch my belly grow and were excited to see us one more time!
Can't wait to show off this boy real soon!
Pray with us that there will be a 41 week photo... with a BABY in it!


We are SO stinkin' excited for you two!!! We can't wait to hear the news that you are heading to the hospital to meet your baby boy!
ReplyDelete