37.5 Weeks marked a BIG day for me! I had my last day of work Monday!!!
After a lifetime of waiting, and 4 years of caring for other people's children at the hospital, it's nearly time to have my own!
My last week of 12 hr shifts was marked by frequent Braxton Hicks contractions that I started to feel for the first time while at work on the day we officially made it to "full term" of 37 weeks. Being a NICU nurse, making it to 37 weeks feels golden! However, I thought I was going to come home and have a baby the day I felt the contractions the first time! Lots of water and a good relaxing bath has kept little man happy a while longer. I'd say it is perfect timing to be done with work, otherwise I think the long days would make this baby come on the early side. I hopeful for a few days to kick back with my ice water and feet up and soak in the changes coming our way, before little man makes his arrival.
Back to the last day of work... I had a nice surprise-- and came home to a decorated house, thanks to Matt and Thomas-- who was in town visiting for Spring Break. We celebrated with some yummy food at Truffles (we have a Truffles in Winter Park! as in Truffles-- the same menu as the one in HHI/Bluffton!) I had an amazing Spinach salad with fruit, which I mention because I don't usually rave about salads-- boring and not very filling-- in this pregnant girl's mind... BUT I have been eating spinach on a daily basis recently. I crave it, but I can tell my body wants all the extra iron and fiber it has to offer!
I should also mention, we had to get the bill early at Truffles, because I started contracting toward the end of my meal. Thomas was excited because he was hoping for an April 10th baby... to share his birthday. We came home and I took a bath to relax. Bath's are the best. To his disappointment, no baby. But he had us guessing until bedtime, as I was contracting at about 10 minutes apart for a good while.
Bottom Left Photo: Not sure you can tell I'm pregnant?! What do you think? haha
Ok, besides the fact I'm holding my back and sticking out my belly.


No comments:
Post a Comment