(Lots of info here.. for our memory's sake.)
Owen is a very happy and peaceful baby. He loves sleeping on our chest or swaddled in the crook of our arm. At night, he is sleeping in our room in the cradle by my side of the bed. Owen is eating well, for about an hour each feeding! And then he typically sleeps well in between, eating every 2 to 3 hours. He had his first walk on Lake Ave... halfway through the walk we had to strip him down to only a diaper – oh Florida! So hot! He also had his first bath out on the porch, it was like a little sauna. He loved it.
At birth, Owen was 7 lbs. 1 oz. and the day we left the hospital he was 6 lbs. 12 oz. At his two day appointment at the pediatrician he was 6 pounds 12.5 ounces (They were impressed he hadn't lost any!) And then, at his one week appointment, when he was circumcised, he was 7 lbs. 8 oz! (The goal for a baby's is to be back to birth weight by TWO weeks. Owen surpassed his birthweight at ONE week!) Holy cow this baby is eating well. There is no question that my milk is in.
Matt and I love this baby boy! Despite lacking sleep, it's been an amazing first week, and we don't think we could ask for a cuter or happier little guy. Matt got to be home this whole first week, which was wonderful for both me and the babe.. and so nice to establish a routine as a new family of three. Well- as much of a routine as you can have with a new baby :) Adrenalin has really kept me going, because sleeping at the hospital didn't really happen – I think in the first 72 hours I only slept maybe four hours sporadically. But I've been on cloud9 with having this baby at home that it hasn't quite caught up with me. The whole- having to take care of myself post delivery AND the baby has made this week difficult- but Matt has been such a huge help. I'm so thankful for such an great husband and new daddy! Many thanks also to friends and family who kept us going with wonderful meals this week! Leftovers have never tasted so amazing!! I have been so hungry since I've been nursing, and every time Owen is eating, I drink about 1000 mL of water! Thirst is a serious thing.


No comments:
Post a Comment